These easy essential oil projects make wonderful DIY gifts for the loved ones in your life, and they’re also great items to have on hand in your own home. With Valentines Day coming up, it’s the perfect time to show that you care by preparing healthy, non-toxic products that they can use all year round. Read on to learn how to create DIY body scrubs, bath salts, and room sprays in just a few minutes.
DIY GIFT IDEAS
DIY Bath Salt Recipe
Elevate your bath experience with this essential oil bath salt DIY. This gift will let your loved ones feel extra pampered with a luxurious bath after a long day, and the homemade charm lets you add your own signature scent and decoration to the mix. We particularly love using Sitka Spruce or Douglas Fir (or a combination of both!) as they have been used by traditional healers in the Pacific Northwest for hundreds of years to treat sore muscles and soothe joint pain.
Don’t forget to decorate the jar with your own personal flair!
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 25 drops of essential oil
- Mason jar with a tight seal
- Mix together the Epsom salt, baking soda, and salt
- Add in essential oils and combine until well mixed
- Store in a clean mason jar with a tight seal and decorate as desired
- Add 1 cup to bathwater. To help dissolve the salts, pour them under the running water while the bath is drawing
DIY Body Sugar Scrub Recipe
Did you know spa-quality sugar scrubs are actually really affordable to make? Sugar scrubs are simple to create and they are a wonderful treat to your skin. This gift is sure to pamper your loved ones and remind them you care every time they use it. They are a wonderful alternative to store-bought varieties and you can mix and match essential oil scents to create the perfect blend. We love the Rainforest Blend as it's a combination of our most popular oils (Pine, Fir, Sitka Spruce & Hemlock) with the complimentary oils of Cedarwood and Lemon to brighten your mood and bring the scent of nature into your home.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Essential oils of your preference
- 1 small wide-mouth glass mason jar
- In a medium-size bowl, mash together the sugar and coconut oil
- Stir in essential oils. Adjust the amount for the desired scent
- Spoon into the mason jar with a tight-fitting lid to maintain the freshness and fragrance
DIY Room Spray Recipe
Give the gift of a relaxed and uplifting environment with this DIY room spray. Essential oil room sprays are a great way to invigorate your environment with simply a few spritzes of your favourite blend. The bright citrus vapours of the Shore Pine Essential Oil makes this one of our favourites to use in a room spray. Plus, these air fresheners are all-natural and are much safer for your home than chemical air fresheners you buy from the store. All it takes is three ingredients and you’re ready to share this thoughtful gift for any eco-friendly love in your life.
- Distilled water
- Essential oils
- Unscented witch hazel (this aids the combining of oil and water and helps the scent linger in the air for longer)
- A sprig of pine (optional)
- Fill the bottle halfway with witch hazel and add 10-25 drops of essential oils
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water
- Shake the bottle to combine all the ingredients
- Optional: add a sprig of pine to decorate your bottle
These DIYs are a fun and easy way to show your loved ones that you care. In addition to giving a homemade gesture of your love, you also have all the options in the world when it comes to mixing and matching essential oils to create the perfect blend you know they’ll love. Shop our range of sustainably harvested essential oils here.
Subscribe to our newsletter: